Top Posts & Pages
- Mozart Photography and Portraits.
- Tangent Piano
- Count Josef Deym's art collection and Mozart's "death mask."
- The Fortepiano Writings of Streicher, Dieudonné, and the Schiedmayers
- Beethoven's 10th Symphony -sketches and Barry Cooper's Realisation.
- Pachelbel's Canon in D Major - the original and best version
- Ludwig van Beethoven and Nature
- Mortality & Meaning of Beethoven's Late Quartet, Op. 132
- Ludwig van Beethoven Lied- Ich denke dein, WoO 74.
- An 1815 fortepiano with sound effects!
CategoriesAnimals Antique and Vintage Books Antique Music Technology Art Claude Debussy Composers Early Historical Instruments Felix Mendelssohn Folk Music Fortepianos Franz Liszt Franz Schubert Frederic Chopin George Frederick Handel Harpsichords and Early Keyboard Instruments Historically informed performance History Inspiration J.S Bach John Keats Jonsi and Alex Joseph Haydn Literature and Poetry Ludwig van Beethoven Music Music History Mystery Online Learning Period Dramas Philosophy Piano Science Spirituality Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Writing
Search this blog
Top Rated Posts and Pages
- Follow Edwardian Piano on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Antique Music Technology
John Field Nocturne No 4 played by Carl Reinecke on piano roll from 1907. How charming is this!!! Modern technology like CDs, mps are great and all that- but they do not have charm… Advertisements
Jacques Thibaud plays Romance in F by Beethoven, 1925 recording Jacques Thibaud plays Romance in F by Beethoven. This is a very early electric recording on French Disque Gramophone. Romance No.2 in F major, op.50 25th Nov. 1925, Hayes, England … Continue reading
His Master’s Voice Model 145 Gramophone, plays Mozart. This Gramophone treats you to a vintage recording of Don Giovanni. It fascinates me that to us today, this seems very “old”- yet to Mozart himself this would have been a wonder … Continue reading
“VIENNA WOOD STORIES” By Strauss Played On 1899 Stella 17 1/4 Inch Grand Console Music Box How charming!
Felix Mendelssohn – A Midsummer Night’s Dream Overture – Roll recording C.1908 This is charming! It has a good sound for an antique too. Here is one of Mendelssohn’s best known works which was played and recorded on a piano … Continue reading
Chopin’s “Minute Waltz” played by Vladimir De Pachmann on a gramophone
1913 Piano roll recording of Claude Debussy playing his La soirée dan Grenade. Here’s how Claude Debussy sounded!