Top Posts & Pages
- Mozart Photography and Portraits.
- Tangent Piano
- Count Josef Deym's art collection and Mozart's "death mask."
- The Fortepiano Writings of Streicher, Dieudonné, and the Schiedmayers
- Beethoven's 10th Symphony -sketches and Barry Cooper's Realisation.
- Pachelbel's Canon in D Major - the original and best version
- Ludwig van Beethoven and Nature
- Mortality & Meaning of Beethoven's Late Quartet, Op. 132
- Ludwig van Beethoven Lied- Ich denke dein, WoO 74.
- An 1815 fortepiano with sound effects!
CategoriesAnimals Antique and Vintage Books Antique Music Technology Art Claude Debussy Composers Early Historical Instruments Felix Mendelssohn Folk Music Fortepianos Franz Liszt Franz Schubert Frederic Chopin George Frederick Handel Harpsichords and Early Keyboard Instruments Historically informed performance History Inspiration J.S Bach John Keats Jonsi and Alex Joseph Haydn Literature and Poetry Ludwig van Beethoven Music Music History Mystery Online Learning Period Dramas Philosophy Piano Science Spirituality Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Writing
Search this blog
Top Rated Posts and Pages
- Follow Edwardian Piano on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Philosophy
Free online course- The Enlightenment. The unit will examine the Enlightenment. To help understand the nature and scale of the cultural changes of the time, we offer a ‘map’ of the conceptual territory and the intellectual and cultural climate. We … Continue reading
Beethoven’s library and love of literature. This is a companion post to an earlier one about Beethoven and Philosophy. In the excellent article on raptusassociation.org : “Nietzsche and Beethoven, Tracing Beethoven’s Relationship to Literature and Philosophy,” the writer begins by … Continue reading
Freedom,—progress, is purpose in the art-world as in universal creation, and if we moderns have not the hardihood of our ancestors, refinement of manners has surely accomplished something.” July 29, 1819, to Archduke Rudolph. Beethoven’s spiritual beliefs and philosophical interests. … Continue reading