Top Posts & Pages
- Pachelbel's Canon in D Major - the original and best version
- Count Josef Deym's art collection and Mozart's "death mask."
- Ludwig van Beethoven's hands and piano technique- video with Emmanuel Ax
- Jonsi and Alex- art with vintage charm and beauty
- Mozart: Piano concerto no. 18 in B flat major, KV 456, Les Arts Florissants
- Frederic Chopin early works, played on an 1826 Graf fortepiano
- Ludwig van Beethoven Lied- Ich denke dein, WoO 74.
- Muse (short fiction) by Nicola Belte
- The Listener's Guide To Music- vintage book by Percy A. Scholes
- Tangent Piano
CategoriesAnimals Antique and Vintage Books Antique Music Technology Art Claude Debussy Composers Early Historical Instruments Felix Mendelssohn Folk Music Fortepianos Franz Liszt Franz Schubert Frederic Chopin George Frederick Handel Harpsichords and Early Keyboard Instruments Historically informed performance History Inspiration J.S Bach John Keats Jonsi and Alex Joseph Haydn Literature and Poetry Ludwig van Beethoven Music Music History Mystery Online Learning Period Dramas Philosophy Piano Science Spirituality Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Writing
Search this blog
Top Rated Posts and Pages
- Follow Edwardian Piano on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Piano
1844 Erard exhibition piano, once played by Franz Liszt. Special one-of-a-kind Erard piano completely restored. Built for the 1844 Paris Exhibition and played by Franz Liszt.
Tuning 18th-century Well Temperament at the Piano. Trevor Stephenson demonstrates how to tune 18th-century Well Temperament. Shows how to listen for beat speeds in thirds and fifths. Demonstrates the differences between just and tempered intervals.
Big My Secret, played by self taught pianist Mark Fowler This is played with wonderful fluidity and emotional depth. I have heard recordings of this piece played by “international pianists” on concert grand pianos, who have music degrees and been … Continue reading
Beethoven and the Piano- BBC Proms 2015 talk Tom Service explores Beethoven’s writing for the piano, with Misha Donat and David Owen Norris. http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/eqh9rz#b062k67p Here is the Fantasy Opus 77, discussed in the talk played by Ronald Brautigam on fortepiano. … Continue reading
Playing Mozart’s Piano Pieces as Mozart Did By RACHEL NUWER. “Classical piano pieces by such composers as Beethoven, Mozart and Chopin likely sounded much different when the masters first performed those works than they do today. Pianos themselves have changed … Continue reading
Andras Schiff: How To Use Trills For Expression Andras Schiff’s Piano Masterclass on how to use trills to emphasis expression in Beethoven’s Piano Sonatas.