Top Posts & Pages
- Mozart Photography and Portraits.
- Pachelbel's Canon in D Major - the original and best version
- Beethoven's Spirituality and Philosophies.
- Howard Goodall's Big Bangs- Episode 4- Piano
- Vintage biography of Frederic Chopin
- Ludwig van Beethoven's hands and piano technique- video with Emmanuel Ax
- Demelza's song from Poldark
- Tangent Piano
CategoriesAnimals Antique and Vintage Books Antique Music Technology Art Claude Debussy Composers Early Historical Instruments Felix Mendelssohn Folk Music Fortepianos Franz Liszt Franz Schubert Frederic Chopin George Frederick Handel Harpsichords and Early Keyboard Instruments Historically informed performance History Inspiration J.S Bach John Keats Jonsi and Alex Joseph Haydn Literature and Poetry Ludwig van Beethoven Music Music History Mystery Online Learning Period Dramas Philosophy Piano Science Spirituality Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Writing
Search this blog
Top Rated Posts and Pages
- Follow Edwardian Piano on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Harpsichords
Allemande from Handel’s D minor Suite HWV 428, played on the William Smith (c1720) harpsichord at the Bate Collection in Oxford, by Douglas Mews. This instrument quite possibly was played by Handel himself and is certainly built in a style … Continue reading
Winters plays Beethoven sonata opus 22 on the clavichord. Wim Winters plays L.v. Beethoven’s sonata opus 22 in B flat (ca 1800) (scroll down for more) 0:10 Allegro con brio 10:19 Adagio con molta espressione 20:02 Menuetto 24:00 Rondo Allegretto … Continue reading